Skip to main content

Interesting blog on the Elections!

Election season is here. It does not look as heavily decorated as 20 years ago. I remember how the streets used to be littered by posters. Even the sky would not be visible.

Some like politics some don't. I am neutral on this ground but I understand the need for a stable government.

I found this on Marina Mahathir's blog, a resource page for elections. For those who are in their wits end what an election is. Go to the page and read on to your hearts content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did they find a Gem of a Guy?

This blog is not a reference point to give a tried and true method of finding a Gem of a Guy but just a sharing of experience. I have talked to a few friends who had good solid marriages and I summarised what I learned from them in this blog. I wrote it as a continuation to my last blog on why do good girls choose bad boys? Every time I met a friend who had a very steady and good husband I never failed to ask them how they found these guys. The first thing they always say is that they never liked their present husbands initially and that they had other choices whom they preferred more. However their present husbands did not give up pursuing them for months or years. These men did not stop showing them how much they were cared for. These men came to visit the family and genuinely tried to show how they appreciate them in front of their families and friends. These men were not self centered. These men would try and know your likes and dislikes. Eventually the genuine care was evident. ...

The biggest challenge

The challenges I had in my life were numerous. I come from a very average family. We had food on the table. We had the hand me down clothes. To aspire for a change in life meant I needed to work harder than I ever did. So I did. I worked hard at school for 5 years to get myself eligible for a scholarship. I faced failure after failure to get a decent grade to be able to continue for a degree. I worked hard to get my postgraduate scholarships. Went through so much downs and still I stood up again to just finish what I started. I stand here now thinking if I did all that why is it so hard to do this one thing. To forgive the unforgivable. My insides are all in pain. I want to set myself free. I want to forgive. I want to move on. Lord God in all my travels and adventure I never stopped talking to you. Today more than any other time I implore you to help me forgive.

Metamorphosis

Today is two weeks.. Two weeks of what? I let you guess. It is just sufficient to state that. I never thought I would have to do this. Make such changes in my life and my children's life. I have no choice. In my mind's eye, I never imagined this picture. How can I live?... I tell you what. I do it day to day, week by week, fortnightly by forthnightly.... soon it will be year by year and decades by decades.. By that time, I probably be glad I did this. Pain and time. Time helps heal all pain. I hope that is true. The pain is unimaginable. The pain is great. I pray for peace and calmness in my soul, Joy and Happiness for my kids. I can do this... I can take this role. I can metamorph into this... just give me time... I have to picture this clear in my head. I have to make this picture strong that I succeed and I triumph over adversity. God give me the strength to change what I can change, give me patience, guidance, protection and love.